About Burgh Beautiful Linlithgow
Linlithgow is an ancient Royal Burgh with centuries of history, a beautiful natural setting and considerable civic pride.
The aim of Burgh Beautiful Linlithgow, which is part of Linlithgow Burgh Trust, is to improve the overall appearance of Linlithgow, to the benefit of:
- Visitors, and
- The Business Community.
The goals of Burgh Beautiful are to foster civic pride and attract more visitors by:
- Enhancing the townscape and landscape of Linlithgow and Linlithgow Bridge
- Improving the appearance of the High Street and adjoining Wynds through the introduction of attractive and consistent street furniture, trees and floral displays and permanent planting
- Upgrading town entrances, including the railway station, by judicious planting, and informative displays that give a sense of place and a better first impression to visitors
- Making landscape improvements to focal points throughout the town
- Working towards a sustainable environment by tackling litter, minimising waste, and encouraging recycling
- Protecting and nurturing the natural habitat
- Involving young people and adults in town improvements, encouraging more awareness of responsibility for maintaining the environment
- Entering Linlithgow in the Beautiful Scotland in Bloom Competition.
Chairperson: Ron Smith
Secretary: Jean Long
Committee Members: Chris Gunstone, Margaret Gunstone, Kathy Lindsay, Myra Smith and Averil Stewart