Burgh Beautiful Linlithgow Mission Statement
The Purpose of Burgh Beautiful, dated October 31, 2004
Linlithgow is an ancient Royal Burgh with centuries of history, a beautiful natural setting and considerable civic pride.
The aim of Burgh Beautiful, an initiative of Linlithgow Civic Trust, is to improve the overall appearance of Linlithgow, to the benefit of:
- Visitors, and
- The Business Community.
The goals of Burgh Beautiful are to foster civic pride and attract more visitors by:
- Enhancing the townscape and landscape of Linlithgow and Linlithgow Bridge
- Improving the appearance of the High Street and adjoining Wynds through the introduction of attractive and consistent street furniture, trees and floral displays and permanent planting
- Upgrading town entrances, including the railway station, by judicious planting, and informative displays that give a sense of place and a better first impression to visitors
- Making landscape improvements to focal points throughout the town
- Working towards a sustainable environment by tackling litter, minimising waste, and encouraging recycling
- Protecting and nurturing the natural habitat
- Involving young people and adults in town improvements, encouraging more awareness of responsibility for maintaining the environment
- Entering Linlithgow in the Beautiful Scotland in Bloom Competition.